The COVID-19 pandemic has presented us all with some new and unique challenges. From wearing gloves and masks when we go grocery shopping to changing our daily social practices, it has created a “new normal”.
Our office takes pride in having always practiced universal infection control standards and remaining on top of new changes that arise. Many of you have observed additional measures we have implemented, since we reopened in May, to better care for our patients and reduce the spread of COVID-19. For those who haven’t had the opportunity to see them yet, we wanted to take this time to share what you can expect at your upcoming visit.
What We’ve Always Done
- Utilizing gloves and masks
- Use of Gowns and Lab Jackets
- Aseptic Technique during procedures
- Sterilization of all equipment
- Use of hospital-grade disinfectant to sanitize our rooms between patients.
- Utilizing single use supplies whenever possible
What We’ve Added Since COVID-19
- Prior to Treatment:
- Face Coverings required upon entry
- Touchless entry into waiting room
- Hand sanitizer for patient use on entry and throughout office
- Pre-Screening questionnaire and temperatures via touchless thermometer
- Pre-rinse given to disinfect oral cavity
- We have limited seating in our waiting room and implemented use of chair covers in order to follow safe social distancing guidelines
- We have increased appointment lengths to accommodate new protocols and limit interactions between patients.
- We have incorporated air filtration in our office to reduce particles suspended in the air
- We are utilizing an intra-oral suction device that also aids in aerosol reduction
- Our Team
- Our team goes through temperature checks and pre-screening twice a day
- We now wear a N95 mask in addition to our surgical masks with a face shield
- Prior to reopening, our team did an enhanced and comprehensive training on COVID-19 infection control protocols
- Our team is committed to best practices in infection control and improved patient care
Your safety is our number one priority. Feel free to reach out with any questions or comments.
- Karim Banani DDS, Diana Smith DDS and Team